Friday, December 14, 2012

An Office Party Christmas

The ScraPerfect Design Team recently had a chance to play with our choice of products from The Robin's Nest.  I had a lot of fun browsing through the online store and knew I wanted to scrap some Office Party Christmas photos.  I ended up creating  this non-traditional Christmas layout:

 Here are the details if you would like to reproduce it for yourself:

1.  I trimmed the Black Herringbone paper to an 11.75" square and adhered it to a piece of the Chili Cardstock using the Best Glue Ever.

2.  Next I worked with a piece of the Classified Cardstock.  Using my craft knife I carefully cut around part of the diamond design on the upper right of the paper so I would be able to slide something underneath.  I trimmed the paper to 11" wide by 10.5" tall, matted it with black cardstock, and adhered it about 1.25" down from the top.

3.  For the next layer I cut a piece of Mens Suit Stamp to 10" wide by 9.5" tall, added a mat of black cardstock and adhered it with The Best Glue Ever along the side and bottom edges only.  You can see that I positioned it so that it slid under the diamond-shaped element I had already cut out.

4. Using the Classified Stickers and some black cardstock I created a tag which I slipped behind the previous layer, placing it next to the cut out.

5.  I love, love, love the Glitter Christmas Tree paper so I fussy cut out each of the trees and had fun layering them with my pictures!

6.  I added a few final details: A Santa Clippie in the upper left, a red foil letter "C" from my stash,  a few bits of washi tape, and Thickers for the title.

Here are some detail shots:
Using lots of layers and a non-traditional color palette, I got the  look I was after!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play!  Susie

ScraPerfect Products:
Robin's Nest Products:
  • Black Herringbone Paper
  • Chili Cardstock
  • Classified Cardstock
  • Men's Suit Stamp Paper
  • Glitter Christmas Tree Paper
  • Classified Stickers
  • Santa Clippie

1 comment:

  1. Awesome work Susie! I LOVE the trees and the textile-inspired patterned papers. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete