Saturday, January 5, 2013

Spellbinders Sampler Part 2!

As promised, here are a few more pieces from my Techniques & Materials Sampler.

The background of this section was created using Spellbinders Music M-Bossbilities and a piece of BoBunny Aquamarine Double Dot paper. Once it was embossed, I simply sanded the raised areas to reveal the white core within, then inked the edges.
The labels were cut and embossed using the Girlie Grunge Labels which were designed by Donna Salazar. I used modeling paste to give the letters dimension.

In the section below you can see I used (2) different M-Bossabilities.  On the left, I used the Garden Delight folder to emboss cardstock which I had already colored with Distress Stains. I actually inked the surface of the folder with Stazon Cactus before I embossed, a technique known as letter pressing.
On the right side I chose to use the Hearts M-Bossabilities folder to emboss a piece of purple Spellbinders Premium Craft Foil.  Next I sanded the raised surface revealing the silver color beneath, then ran the same Stazon Cactus ink pad over the surface. Love the color combination!

I often use Spellbinders Labels One to create frames, like the one in the picture above.  I like to tape my dies together with some low tack tape to keep them centered.  I found this Nexcare tape in the pharmacy section of Target and I really like it because it never tears my paper when I remove it.
I run the dies through the machine to cut and emboss the card stock. Voila!  The frame is done and ready to ink or distress as you desire!  It is really easy and works with all of the Nestabilities. Bonus:  Look at the lovely negative space and the little center piece of "waste"!

Thanks for stopping by.  I will share more of the sampler in future posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment