Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Spellbinders Sampler - The Clock Block!

Another day, another chance to explore more of my SpellbindersTechniques & Materials Sampler! The background of this section was created by embossing another piece of Spellbinders Premium Craft Foil, a vibrant turquoise color, with the Regal M-Bossabilities folder.

If you look closely, you can see that the raised sections are silver - that is from sanding.
I then stamped the entire surface with Versamark and heat embossed UTEE.  There are at least 3 layers.  The UTEE filled in the debossed areas and looks like glass.  Trust me, it is gorgeous IRL!

I created the clock using a die set designed by Samantha Walker, Retro Mod Clocks. The base of the clock is just cardstock that has been cut, embossed and stenciled.  
The clock face  is cut from Royal & Langnickels Engraving Art Board then embossed and sanded. I love using this stuff!  The sanding reveals the core, which in this case was silver. I actually wanted copper, but it is very popular around here and often not available.  No problem.  I just used my Caramel Alcohol Ink from Ranger to adjust the color!

Thanks for stopping by.  I will share more of the sampler in future posts!   Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment