Saturday, January 12, 2013

Spellbinders Sampler - The Pennant Block



Today I thought we could knock out another block from my Spellbinders Techniques & Materials Sampler.  If you have been following my blog, you already know that I like to play with canvas so it was a no-brainer to include a mini pennant!

Although I didn't actually use a die to cut corrugated cardboard for my sampler, I included it as a background in this next section to remind me of that option!

I did use Spellbinders Nested Lacey Pennants to cut some canvas, which was already treated with gesso.  Before I removed it from the die, I gave it a quick spritz with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Ink Yellow Rose of Texas...now that was a mouthful!

I also stamped and colored the butterfly image while it was still in the die.  I like the stencil effect which allows me to leave the edge white. To finish I simply attached the pennant to the corrugated cardboard with wire and eyelets!

Thanks for stopping by!  Susie

1 comment: