Friday, January 4, 2013

Win with Moxxie's January Muse-A-Palooza!

Welcome to Moxxie's January Muse-A-Palooza Blog Hop!

This month you could win the entire Musically Inclined collection, which captures a wonderfully vintage feeling in shades of cream, maroon, brown and teal.   It is perfect for any of your music themed projects.


To have a chance at winning, you need to follow the hop through all eleven participating blogs, check out the beautiful work of the Moxxie Muses, and leave a comment for each of them. Comments will close at midnight CST on Tuesday, January 8th. Winner will be announced the next day on the Moxxie blog. International fans are welcomed to play along if they agree to pay shipping in the event of their win.

The month of January is very special to me because that is when my husband and I celebrate our wedding anniversary.  This month, I will have been married 22 years to "the man of my dreams"...at least that is what he keeps telling me! I found the colors and patterns in the Musically Inclined collection to be very romantic and I was inspired to create this layout with my wedding pictures:
 

I created my own patterned paper using a Kaisercraft stamp, Tea Dye Distress Ink, and the reverse side of the Piano paper:
I added a little visual interest to my photos with an easy technique using Spellbinders Classic Square Dies.  I simply embossed the photos, sanded the raised areas along the edge, and then inked the edges:

After the photos were down, I added some layers with the Diecuts, popping up the "Perfect Harmony" diecut over the wavy-edged border. I also added a strip of Le Creme Pearls fromWant2Scrap along the top edge.
The finishing touch?  I covered the chipboard word "Adore" (also from Want2Scrap) with Martha Stewart Brownstone glitter:

Ready to hop and be inspired by the rest of the Moxxie Muses?  Remember to leave your comments along the way for your chance to win the Musically Inspired collection!



       Got Moxxie

       Susie Bentz You are here!

       Patti Hamil

       Cathy Harper

       Michelle James

       Rebecca Price

       Misty Rushlow

       Mary Pat Siehl

       Dana Tatar

       Rhonda Van Ginkel

       Ange Weisback

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Susie! I LOVE your handmade patterned paper and your embossed photos! I need that Spellbinders die set! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the way you put it all together. Thanks for inspiring me to think out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. live the details on the photo edges

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this layout! The way you presented the pictures and the glittery adore word embellishment is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layout--I like the technique you used with the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice layout, like to embossing on the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous, Susie!!! I love the sanding on the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely LO - wonderful paper collection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you turned your photos into a hipstamatic type pic-very clever~! Great page & Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love the blend of colors and the distressed ink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have never thought to do that to my photos, what a great idea! Love the "Adore" too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the mix of papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I didn't realize you'd stamped on it, looks great. Love the photos and the frames you added to them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea for a Christmas wedding! I love the music paper while they are dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This so pretty! Thanks for the info on how you did your own paper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my your design is beatuiful. usng the inking around edges makes it perfect
    thanks
    melody

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great layout, love the colors and composition.

    ReplyDelete