Wednesday, February 27, 2013

If Wrestling Season is over... it must be Spring!

Wrestling season has come to an end, and while I really will miss those long weekends in the gym I am so happy that I am finally able to find some time to play! I needed to knock the cobwebs off and decided to create something just for fun!  I found the perfect challenge on Susan Weckesser's  blog, {my sweet earth}, and I was inspired to create this canvas:
Click on the image to see a larger view.
In her Create to Live February Challenge, Susan provided this image as an inspiration piece and encourages us to think of spring and all that comes with it :

The Details:  I used a piece of her Beautiful Daydreams paper (which you can order from Want2Scrap) as the base for the canvas. I integrated the repeating diamond pattern into my background by using some aqua-colored modeling paste and a harlequin stencil.  It was a little bolder than I intended, so I softened it with a layer of mod podged tissue paper before I added a quote by Colette:  "The earth belongs to anyone who stops for a moment, gazes, and goes on his way". I went a little crazy adding the stamped flowers in the foreground but there is nothing that says "Spring" more than flowers in bloom!  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks to water color the flowers before I added tiny black rhinestones.  I cut them from a partially used *bling* embellishment from Want2Scrap.  The final touch was to add a little "weight" to the bottom right corner of the canvas.  Susan has a line of stamps produced over at Unity Stamp Company.  I used her In Circle Me stamp and Stazon Ink in Azure and Cactus to create some visual interest and to bring balance to my little work of art!!! 

I hope you will take a minute and check out Susan's blog and particpate in her challenge. Did I mention she is offering a lovely prize package to one of the participants?  It could be you! 
You could also enter the Time2Create Challenge over at Want2Scrap - tomorrow is the last day to enter so find some Time to Play!

Be sure to come back Friday for the Moxxie blog hop.  We will be featuring the newly released Homespun Easter Collection.  I can't wait to show you my layout!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play!  Susie

Materials:
 Paper by Susan Weckesser
Want2Scrap Funky Swirls
Unity Stamp In Circle Me
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Canvas
Mod Podge
Studio G Stamps

5 comments:

  1. What a FUN~ canvas!! Lovin' all the techniques you used. My favorite is the stencil and modeling paste....need to play more myself :) Have a great day xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fantastic!!!! great techniques and using them all together!!!! I need to play more myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious little peek at Spring Susie. Adding the pop of black with the foreground flowers worked perfectly. Glad you are back crafting and thank you for choosing to join in at our Live To Create Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie I feel like spring has finally arrived here in Scotland after seeing your art!!
    Sooo glad you joined in over at My Sweet Earth...live to create challenge.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering the February Challenge at Want2Scrap.
    Beautiful project!

    Allie Gower
    Want2Scrap.com

    ReplyDelete