Friday, March 1, 2013

Moxxie Homespun Easter Blog Hop!


Welcome to Moxxie's March Muse-A-Palooza Blog Hop!

This month we are featuring and you could win the entire "Homespun Easter" collection, which is wonderfully fresh and packed with cross stitched charm! It evokes a comforting palette in shades of cream, yellow, green and blue. This collection is absolutely perfect for your Easter and Spring themed projects.

To have a chance to win, you need to: 
  • Follow the hop through all eleven participating blogs, check out the beautiful work of the Moxxie Muses, and leave a comment for each of them. 
  • Comments will close at midnight CST on Tuesday, March 5th. 
  • Winner will be announced the next day on the Moxxie blog
  • International fans are welcomed to play along if they agree to pay shipping in the event of their win.

My project this month was definitely influenced by the stitchery theme in this collection. 
 
 I cut a piece of Bloomin paper to an 11" square. On the back side I drew (2) lines, 1/4" and 1/2" from edge on all 4 sides.  Using a paper piercer and ruler, I punctured the paper every 1/4" on both lines. Using 3 strands of pink DMC floss, I created a channel on the front side of the paper, using a diagonal stitch. I slipped 1/8" strips of dark brown quilling paper under the threads, creating a frame.
The chipboard word "Cherish" is from Want2Scrap and I left it pretty plain, just darkening it a bit with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

The Homespun Easter die cuts comes with an Easter Basket which I decided to alter into a flower basket. I cut small slits on each side and threaded brown ribbon through, taping it on the back to hold it in place, then glued a bow in the center.

I used The Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect to glue tiny Want2Scrap pearls into the centers of my punched flowers.

I created the blossom in the lower right of the layout using the Tattered Flowers Die by Tim Holtz to cut coffee filters. A mix of Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose, and Tea Dye Distress Inks gave me the right color, then I stacked 3 blooms and attached them with a pearl brad.
 The frame behind the bloom is filled with a piece of burlap, then popped up to create a pocket for hidden journaling. The buttons (also from Moxxie!) down the center of the layout fill the openings in a trimmed down border strip from the Homespun Easter die cuts!

Ready to hop?!!  Here is your hop sequence...  on your mark, get set --- GO!

*******

*******

Thanks so much for stopping on over today!  

25 comments:

  1. So pretty, love the stitching and buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great details great idea with buttons n flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a precious page, and your little details are perfect, adding the little blooms to the basket and all, wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the added details, stitching and flowers in the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page! The stitched border is amazing and I love your basket of flowers. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This whole page is so cute but I especially love the little basket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling L/O. I especially love that basket with the flowers. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly amazing. I love the vintagey feel you created here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful homespun layout and gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. positively precious! love what you've done with this collection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutley gorgeous! Love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with the layout! What an angel! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a completely gorgeous page!!! I love that you've used the collection for a baby page!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the button and flower basket ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous page! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an absolutely adorable page!! I love the basket of flowers!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete