Friday, April 5, 2013

Win Moxxie's Hockey Collection!

All right, hockey moms! This one is for YOU! 

Welcome to Moxxie's April Muse-A-Palooza Blog Hop!  We have a grungy, icy, rough, real hockey collection to share...and you could win the entire Hockey collection!  Check it out - the neutral black, white, and gray color scheme - with occasional pops of blood red (we are talking hockey, after all!) - will look great with your pictures no matter what color jersey your team is sporting!
The diecuts and stickers have customized quotes and expressions to help you capture the action on the ice! 
To have a chance to win, you need to: 

  • Follow the hop through all ten participating blogs, check out the beautiful work of the Moxxie Muses, and leave a comment for each of them. 
  • Comments will close at midnight CST on Tuesday, April 9th. 
  • Winner will be announced the next day on the Moxxie blog
  • International fans are welcomed to play along if they agree to pay shipping in the event of their win.
I am very excited to show you my project this month!  Moxxie fans will remember that we ran a little contest on our Facebook page because I did not have any hockey pictures.  The prize was a layout designed by me.  The winner was Linda and she very generously shared pictures and journaling from her son's 14th birthday party!
.
Click on any image to see a larger view.
I fell in love with a photo she had of her son lying on the ice at sunset, so I  used Photoshop to journal directly on the picture and printed it out as an 8"x10".  I created the title with Thickers....
 ...and doubled up the borders from the Diecut Sheet.  The Penalty Box ticket is also a Die Cut!
One of my favorite features is at the center bottom of  the layout.  The base of each page is Moxxie's Slapshot paper, which features the image of a hockey player in the bottom left corner.  On the right hand page I used my kraft knife to partially cut out the hockey player so I could slip papers and die cuts behind it.  On the left page I added a rhinestone flourish. 
The Swirls Finesse from Want2Scrap looks like the hockey player is kicking up some ice as he skates by, don't you think?

Linda sent me several great pictures from that day on the ice so I printed them up in different sizes and matted them with black cardstock.  I was really happy to be able to incorporate several more pieces from the Hockey Diecut Sheet on the right hand page. Here is a group shot with one of my favorite quotes, "Give Blood, Play Hockey."
The centerpiece of the page is a circular die cut with a clever play on words, "What's life without goals?"
I accented it with Want2Scrap's Nestabling Heart Circles Black Rhinestones.
Thanks again to Linda for being so generous with her pictures!

Ready to hop?!!  Here is your hop sequence...  on your mark, get set --- GO!


*******

*******

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!   Susie

Products Used:


13 comments:

  1. Fabulous 2-pager Susie! I LOVE the photos, especially the large 8x10. Great idea to journal on the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these details really made for an awesome page! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures...just amazing pages! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie, this is an AWESOME 2 page layout, and I LOVE how you did the journaling on that large photo! Gorgeous work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! Love the fussy cutting around the player and that red penalty box ticket is awesome!I

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great showing of the product. Your pages are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about your layout. The images, colors and placement are perfect. Great fussy cutting around the player. This makes me want to create a page of my son in law.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your 2 page layout! How sweet that you used Linda's photos and created an awesome memory for her. I love what you did with the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout!! So inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG i love this.. amazing hockey double .. really need some of this line

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout--love the journaling on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm bookmarking all these layouts for all my hockey photos - this is great!

    ReplyDelete