Wednesday, May 22, 2013

You Are an Artist with Spellbinders

My favorite paper crafting tool used to be my square punch.  It allowed me to include lots of photos on one page and quickly focused your eye on the "most important" part of any picture.  I now have a new favorite:  Spellbinders A2 Curved Matting Basics B die set. I used it on this layout about my daughter:

I think of it as a square punch on steroids!  I still get to choose which part of each picture to highlight plus I get texture and visual interest from the embossing! I used an emery board to scuff up the embossed area and added a little ink - see how it makes little frames inside the photo?!?  Also, with a square punch I am stuck with one size while this Spellbinders Die set allows me up to choose from 9 different sizes and it is really compact for travel and storage!  Love it!

One of my other newest obsessions is the Fancy Chipboard Words from Want2Scrap©!  I left this one absolutely bare but you can paint, glitter, stain, stamp, ink, and gloss over them to create just the right look for each project!
I used more of my Spellbinders Dies to create the banners in the upper right - cork, vellum, washi tape, and cardstock - and I loved cutting out that tiny picture!  The word labels are also die cuts that I stenciled with modeling paste. The lacy velum piece behind the photo was cut and stenciled with the Floral Ovals die set and the tiny flower is from Spellbinders Square Bracket Edge Box die set.

I am going to share one last close up picture of the Frilly Flourish Swirl in white pearls from Want2Scrap©.
I have to say this is my new favorite!  I just love the different size pearls and the delicate flourish - just perfect for any page about a beautiful girl!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout! Love all the details, very creative!

    ReplyDelete