Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sketchabilities #93 - Summertime Memories with Want2Scrap

Hello Scrappers! 
Sketchabilities this week is being sponsored by Want2Scrap© and the Design Team was given a chance to play along with one of Karan Garber's fabulous sketches. 

Here is my layout...

...and this is the sketch it was based on!

I used several of my favorite products from Want2Scrap©, starting with Fancy Chipboard Words for the title.  Want2Scrap© has a wide selection of words and phrases to choose from - or you can create your own!
I kept it simple and just applied layer of clear embossing powder.  
Once heated, it creates a nice shiny finish that makes the title pop off the page.

I was very excited when Want2Scrap© recently started to carry charms - I love me some charms!  
Palm Trees - the perfect embellishment for a tag on this beach themed layout, right?

I had fun playing with the Ocean Finds Chipboard Embellishments designed by Joe Rotello.  
The seahorse was inked and heat embossed.  The tiny seashell was coated with gesso, inked & heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I played with some alcohol inks and heat embossed again.
A little more alcohol ink and I was happy with the result!
 Of course, no Want2Scrap layout is complete without a little bling!
This is my favorite flourish, Swirls Finesse, and it comes in a variety of colors in rhinestones and pearls.

Be sure to check out more projects from the Want2Scrap© Design Team:
Allie
Karan
Keely
Linda
Nina


Now the good news!  
Want2Scrap© is sponsoring this sketch and there are two ways to win.
The 1st way is to participate!
Anyone who creates a project and links up at Sketchabilities by the deadline will also have a chance to win because Want2Scrap© is donating **bling** to the (8) featured designers for Sketch #93.

The second way to win is a random drawing for a $25 Gift Certificate to the Want2Scrap© online store!  
Great prize, right?  All you need to do is to enter using the Rafflecopter at the end of this post.
Good luck!  It is time to get creative!

I hope you will find some time to play today - maybe with this fabulous sketch?  Susie

a Rafflecopter giveaway

3 comments:

  1. love your take on the sketch, great photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the little details, the charm, the shell, the sea horse, a feast for the eyes. Beautiful layout. I feel like I could reach in and get my feet wet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very cute is your page!! Love everything about it :) Also wanted to wish you the best of luck for SB... hope to see you in August ... crossing my fingers :)

    ReplyDelete