Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Firecracker!

I hope it is not too late to share one more patriotic project!  The photo on this layout is from one of my favorite 4th of July celebrations ever. 
We live in the Washington, DC area and in 1995 we took the family down to the 1st Annual Freedom Fest at Ft. Belvoir.  It was small town fun at its best!  I used to sew back in the day and I whipped up these matching outfits for my son and I.  I thought it would be fun to carry that sewing memory into the layout so I used some Spellbinders dies to create a "quilted" photo mat.

I used the Pride Collection from Authentique  on this layout, especially all the wonderful coordinating embellishments!  This triple banner is from the Details Sticker sheet.  I inked the edges a bit, popped the center piece up and overlapped the banners.

These little journaling strips actually came from Authentique's Glory Collection:

The title, "My Firecracker", is from the 6"x12" Components sheet. The mini-postcard, which reads Greetings from Washington D.C., is from the 6"x6" bundle - I love that Authentique releases its collections in different sizes!
Now for the grand finale!  The wonderful, sparkly swirls you see accenting the title are from the Build Your Own Bling set from Want2Scrap.  Oooh!  Aaah! 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie

2 comments:

  1. Wish I had the talent to sew...even my sewing teacher told me it's better to let others do it for me! LOL!! Love the care you put into each detail in this page, Susie! Have a great week xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie, but I actually didn't sew on this piece at all! I used the Spellbinders die to emboss the die cuts and then scuffed them up a bit with sandpaper. Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. ((hugs))

      Delete