Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Queen of Bling - She Helps Others Shine!

I met Michele Parrish just one year ago at a scrapbooking convention and immediately realized what an amazing women she is - open, caring, generous, beautiful and very, very strong.  She is quick to share her life experiences and the lessons she has learned.  I read the wonderful article about her in the Spring 2013 edition of Scrapbooking & Beyond and was inspired to create this canvas:
Happy Birthday Michele!  
Thank you for helping me shine!

There are several Crafty Divas who have created very special projects to wish Michele a Happy Birthday!  
You can find the links to their blogs and projects here:
And there is a Giveaway to so be sure to check it out!


And now, here are a few details on creating this canvas:

I painted the canvas and let it dry.  I created a decorative oval frame using Spellbinders dies - Floral Ovals and Ovals.  I cut 2 of these out of cardstock and layered them onto the canvas then covered it all with Mod Podge and white tissue gift wrapping paper. After that dried, I dry brushed gesso over the frame.
Next I used the Bricks Stencil from Want2Scrap and added some dimension with modeling paste.  To soften the bricks I added another layer of Mod Podge and tissue paper.  I found a beautifully printed dinner napkin and separated the three layers.  I used the sheer top layer and applied it to the canvas with Mod Podge, overlapping the die cut frame and the bricks.
I used rub-ons from Kaisercraft, Jenni Bowlin and Quick Quotes and the Wonderful Wings Bling from Want2Scrap.







I printed some strip journaling on the computer, then inked the edges.  Michele is the Queen of Bling, hence the crown...and we are celebrating her birthday so I gave her a candle.  Of course...I had to enhance them with bling!

I added "Michele" to the canvas, using a photo I had taken at a convention.  For some reason I always think of Michele in a beautiful white chiffon blouse I saw her wear, so I tried to re-create it.  The buttons  are actually Sleek Strips Pearls bling in white pearl.

Happy Birthday Michele.
I hope today is as special as you are.
Hugs!   Susie


Want2Scrap Products:
Wonderful Wings Bling
Sleek Strip Pearls - white
72 Count - Teardrop Bling - Silver Rhinestones
Bricks Stencil

Other Products:
Spellbinders Floral Ovals
Spellbinders Ovals
Kaisercraft Rub Ons
Jenni Bowlin Rub Ons
Quick Quotes Rub Ons
Moxxie Urban Cowboy paper
White cardstock
Holographic embossing powder
Chiffon ribbon trim
Dinner napkin

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this.

    Gorgeous!

    Thank you so much for being a part of the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, Susie!! What a great project = LOVE!!! Michele will flip when she sees this, it's stunning and so personal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, GRACIOUS! I just LAUGHED outLOUD! This is soooooooooooo great! What a fun and completely unforgettable way to salute our dear MICHELE! She is going to loooooooove it! Your use of materials has me wanting to DITCH my plans for the day, and barricade myself into my craft room - HOW infectious! HOW wonderful! You inspired on a LOT of levels, right here! Yipeee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie you little sweetheart. I was in awe when I opened your gift today. How all of my wonderful designers kept this a secret is amazing! Not a peep out of any of you! I am so happy we crossed paths when we did. It was meant to be! I LOVE the way you dressed me!!! ITS SO ME!!Thank You for making my day so special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful canvas! The details are amazing...right down to Michele! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great canvas, love the details :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!! This canvas is simply amazing with all your wonderful details. Love how you recreated the blouse you so fondly remember Michele wearing!! I'm a new follower ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!! love it. you really shine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, this is fantastic! Love the sweater!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! What a great personalized card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your canvas and all the details!! I love how you made the bricks look so real! I just became a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is totally adorable! I love the poppet, and such beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow Suzie, this is amazing!! And such a great description of how you got there! I should do more of this kind of stuff, I love it!! Love the colours too, so soft and pastelly.

    ReplyDelete