Friday, August 2, 2013

Join the Moxxie Muses and win the *NEW* Quite Contrary Collection

Hello Moxxie fans!  Welcome to the August Muse-A-Palooza Blog Hop!  This month we are featuring one of our brand new collections, Quite Contrary.   So dig out your garden photos and get ready because the Muses will be planting some great ideas in your creative minds for this beautiful line of papers and stickers.   


The blend of muted tones is perfect for outdoor garden photo pages, but don't be afraid to mix in bold colors if that is what your garden grows!  I used this line to scrapbook my daughter with some really bright red posies:


To start with I removed the center of the Sprinkle A Day paper and fussy cut around the water can in the bottom left corner.

To create the frame in the center of the piece I cut strips from the Vine & Dandy paper and  lightly tacked them down on my cutting mat...

...overlapping the edges so that they were at a 90 degree angle.

Using my ruler and an exacto knife, I cut diagonally through the corner.

You can see when I removed the paper scrap from the top that the corners meet perfectly!
 I love this technique and it is a lot more impressive if there is a pattern to match!

I backed the frame with a piece of Seedin' and Weedin' paper and then I just had fun playing with picture and embellishment placement!

I picked up the color of the flowers from the pictures and used it in the title...


I cut out a couple of those fabulous seed packets, added a die cut sticker and some of my favorite bling from Want2Scrap!

 And don't worry!  If your thumb is not so green you can create fabulous cards and/or home decor projects!

Here are the details on winning this entire collection!

If you are familiar with the Moxxie Blog Hops then you know you can have a chance to win this brand new line.  All you have to do is leave a comment on all of the following blogs.  International fans are welcome to play along if they agree to pay shippping in the event they win.  Comments can be made until Midnight Tuesday, August 6th and the winner will be announced on the Moxxie Blog on Wednesday, August 7th!  Enjoy!   
Susie Bentz (you are here)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Moxxie Products:
Other Products:

19 comments:

  1. Lovely page Susie!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning page Susie! Thanks so much for sharing how you cut and assembled the frame! I love the bling corner flourishes and the pop of red! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the frame and how you incorporated several photos without it looking too busy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful, love the frame work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful LO!
    New follower! Found you on the Linky Party list :)
    ~Colleen
    www.cbcscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an adorable layout! I love how you created the frame with the watering can in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cool. I am loving the tutorial. Thanks so much. That frame really makes the page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Susie! Absolutley beautiful! Patti <><

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the seed packets in this paper collection! Perfect for my garden photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great page and fun tutorial to go with it!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty layout - love the background and the floral border.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page! I love how the smaller photos pop up like flowers on a bush.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous layout! Love how you got so many photos onto one page.

    ReplyDelete