Friday, August 30, 2013

Play Time on the Softball Field!

Today I am sharing one of the layouts I created as my submission for the Paper House Productions Design Team!

I started by creating lots of texture and dimension by ripping through corrugated cardstock to open up a frame, which I then inked and distressed.

The cluster of Softball Cardstock Stickers on the right side are from Paper House.  Bats, cleats, batting helmet, jersey and a great sentiment - everything you could want to accent your layout.

I created a title for the page by painting a Chipboard Quotation from Want2Scrap with an acrylic paint that coordinated with my daughter's team shirt and covered it with a coat of Glossy Accents.
If you look behind the main photo you will see where I used a stencil and distress ink in the background to create a subtle pattern.

I will be honest.  My favorite part of the layout is the little trading card I made in the bottom left.  I have a computer program that helped me create it.  Actually, it is something I did for the whole team at the end of the season.  The coach had given them all nicknames which I put on the front.  The girls loved them!  I made enough for them to swap with each other so they ended up with a full team set! My little Speedie was one tough softball player! 
Oh!  The mitt and glove on the bottom right of the trading card are from the same Paper House sticker set!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie


Paper House Softball Cardstock Stickers

Want2Scrap Products:

Other:  Corrugated cardstock, ink, ribbon, ribbon slider, brads, pop dots, Glossy Accents.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!! For a split second I thought this was digital because it's sooo striking! I love this layout - totally fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete