Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wedding Card - Exploding Box!

Summer is a popular time of year for weddings. I think back to my wedding and one of our favorite gifts was from a group of friends.  They pooled their money so we could buy scuba diving equipment - an unusual wedding gift but absolutely perfect for us!  We used it to gear up before we headed off on our honeymoon!  When I am invited to a wedding, I remember that perfect gift and I try to present my check or gift card in a fun and memorable way. So today I thought I would share my favorite kind of wedding card -an Exploding Box!

Decorating this one was made very simple by using a set of themed 3D stickers from Paper House.
 On the outside of the box, I created a decorative edge around the lid using the picket fence border punch from Martha Stewart.  I punched (2) - 4" sets for each side of the box, laid them with the flat edges facing each other about 1/8" apart, then covered the slight gap with a ribbon from my stash.  When the lid is removed, the 4 sides fall back to reveal lots and lots of pockets!

In the center is a message for the bride & groom.  The opening in the cardstock panel was cut and embossed with Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Two.  I used coordinating Nestabling from Want2Scrap to create an elegant pearl frame.
 The side panels each have a pocket to hold gift cards, checks, photos, notes and advice for the lucky couple!  The Wood Veneer couple on this panel are from Studio Calico, but all of the other embellishments are from one set of 3D stickers from Paper House!
 I used a 1/4" strip of coordinating cardstock to edge the pockets.
 An embossing folder adds a nice bit of texture on each panel.
 I used 1/8" ScorTape to adhere the pockets.
I use exploding boxes for many other occasions - showers, birthdays, anniversaries - and I will be sure to share more of them with you in the future.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Products:
Other:  cardstock, embossing folder, tags, ribbon.

4 comments:

  1. I've only ever made one of these exploding boxes but always wanted to make another - some day - when I have time. Your box has made me 'itch' to make one - I am already planning it in my head - thanks for the inspiration. Your box is lovely and I think the picket fence is a fantastic idea.
    Hugs, Neet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. I wish, i could ever scrap that clean (:o)

    ReplyDelete