Monday, September 9, 2013

A Taste of Puerto Rico with Paper House!

My husband and I visited Puerto Rico about 3 years ago and had a fabulous time!  We were just getting ready for the school year to start and my oldest was a senior in high school, so I had other priorities than getting pictures from that vacation into a scrapbook.  Quite frankly, I hadn't really thought about them until I saw this *NEW* collection from Paper House:

The images on the paper and stickers brought back such happy memories I had to pull out the pictures.

I have to say for this particular layout, I pulled out ALL the pictures!!!  It is my "taste of Puerto Rico" page and includes pictures from most of our adventures!


I like to use several photos on each page and the challenge here was not to cover up the beautiful image on the paper itself.  My solution was to create a collage of photos on the top half of the page.  One of the ways I  create visual interest in my layouts is to vary the size of the pictures.  I used PhotoShop to re-size my pictures and printed them out. The largest is about 4.75 "x 3" and the smallest is only 2" x 1.25".

I played around with placement of the photos until I has happy with the flow, and then I started to add embellishments!  The bottle of rum, palm tree and the Puerto Rican flag are all from the collection.  I felt like I needed a rum drink to properly accent our visit to the Bacardi factory, so  I pulled that sticker from the Cruise 2 cardstock stickers.  "Destination" is a Fancy Chipboard Word from Want2Scrap and I layered it on top of a tag. Perfect!

We visited the Bacardi factory and made a trip to Vieques Island for a Biolumenescent Bay tour.

I should mention that I added foam pop dots behind all of the cardstock stickers because I just love dimension!
We walked all around El Morro and Old San Juan, enjoyed a zipline tour in the rainforest, and hiked to La Mina Falls.
I also added dimension by using a craft knife to fussy cut around the image on the paper and slipping a photo behind it.

There is an excellent title element in the cardstock stickers!  All I added were palm leaves die cut from cardstock, foam pop dots and a 3D hibiscus flower. Super easy!

Oh!  I almost forgot!  There is an unofficial mascot in Puerto Rico, the Coqui.  It is a tiny tree frog with a big voice that sings after the sun goes down.  There is actually a cardstock sticker of a Coqui in the collection, but I used that on a different layout which you will see later this month.  So to pay homage to the little Coqui, and to include that memory on this page, I added a little frog sticker on one of the palm leaves.  Can you see him?

Creating this page brought back so many great memories that my husband and I are thinking about another trip!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie


Paper House Products:
Other Products:

4 comments:

  1. Great layout, great paper. That looks like a really fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful - great job including all those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun page Susie! I love the photo collage and all the fun sticker accents. I found the frog! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous page!
    Great collage and so very cool on that paper, love it :-)
    Thanks so much for hopping by my blog during the Paper Haus Fall Splendour celebration, and leaving me some love. It's much appreciated :-)

    ReplyDelete