Tuesday, September 24, 2013

ICAD Swap with Astrid & Friends!

Have you ever heard of an ICAD?

I never did until my friend Astrid decided to organize a swap. An Index Card A Day is very similar to an ATC but the dimensions are different.  You can read more about it at Astrid's original post.  Anyway, I agreed to create ICAD's and holders for (2) ladies and in return, Astrid arranged for me to receive from (2) different ladies.

I decorated the outside of the folder using Dylusions sprays and stencils from The Crafters Workshop.  It is held closed by a idea-ology memo pin holding a ticket stamped from Invoke Arts:
 
It opens up to reveal a double pocket holding 2 ICADS.
Dylusions sprays create the background of the ICADs.  Using Decou-Page I added a layer of crumpled up tissue paper to create a textured background.  The sentiment was stamped on top of the tissue layer.  The Julie Nutting Doll Stamps were colored with Distress Inks before being cut out and adhered to the card, then the entire ICAD was coated with Decou-Page.


This is just one of the swaps.  The second one I created in the same style, but in a different color scheme and slightly different stamps.  I have never participated in a swap like this before but I am happy with the swaps and holders I designed.

Now I told you I would be receiving ICADs and are they spectacular!  I got this in the mail from Jenny and I love everything about it!
 It came in this lovely holder: 


I also received this beautiful ICAD from the very talented Elly:
 It came in a very festive package and a matching holder:

They are both so beautiful!  I am very lucky the ladies put so much work and heart into the pieces they shipped me.  They really are little treasures!

Thank you so much to Astrid for organizing this swap and for including me in the fun!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Supplies for Mixed Media ICADs and Holder:


  • Prima/Julie Nutting Mixed Media Dolls 
  • Dylusions Sprays
  • Decou-Page
  • TCW Stencils -Mini Pointy Circles and Mini Casey and Penelope

2 comments:

  1. the ICADs you received are beautiful and the ones you sent are fantastic! I feel lucky to have been your swap partner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ICADs !! Love the way you colored the background!

    ReplyDelete