Monday, October 21, 2013

More Time at the Pumpkin Patch


Fall is my favorite time of year.  We have a pumpkin patch right around the corner and every year we have a photo shoot!   I end up making multiple layouts – one for each child- that are very similar.  This one is for my daughter’s scrapbook.

I used the colors of the corn stalks and my kids’ blue jeans to create the khaki and blue background of this layout and chose paper with a lot of visual texture. These papers are both from Kaisercraft's Base Coat II Collection.

I added a little more texture with this fabulous chipboard fence from Want2Scrap.

I  debated whether or not to add color to the chipboard - and actually tried a nice whitewash on the reverse side - but it didn't look nearly as nice so I flipped it over and went with the natural look.  It was so easy to add punches of color and interest with the 3D stickers from Paper House - don't you love the Corn Maze sign "hanging" on the fence?

I tend to go with hidden journaling but my usual manilla tag wasn't quite right for this layout so I grabbed this flowered cutie from My Little Yellow Bicycle and tucked it behind the photo.
See those cute mum baskets from Paper House?  Totally love them! 


I cut photo mats out of green cardstock to tie in all of the green from the 3D stickers.
The vintage paper doily was actually the last element I added.  It immediately brightened up the layout and gave me a nice point in my "visual triangle":  doily>Pumpkin Patch Sticker>Journaling Tag.

They had so much fun goofing around with the carved pumpkins that day - great memories!  I do have another layout to share from this trip.  I created a similar layout for my son and will share it very soon.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie



Products:

1 comment: