The Susan K.Weckesser Design Team is celebrating a Handmade Christmas and will be sharing projects in honor of the campaign. This Christmas stocking is my offering:
Canvas Corp. and the stamps are by Susan K.Weckesser for Unity. The house and word "home" are from the Little Haven set and the snowman is from the One of a Kind Winter set.
I used letter stickers from Fancy Pants on the cuff of the stocking and covered them with gesso.
I removed the letter "O" and sprayed with Ferrari Red Chalkboard Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels.
When I removed the stickers I outlined the letters with a black pen then added a bow using a ribbon from May Arts.
I used the same technique on the body of the stocking...just with smaller letters!
The house was stamped and heat embossed with white embossing powder, then water-colored with soft colors so it would fade into the background.
The snowman appears in the foreground because of the dark outline and bold colors.
To start this wonderful year 5th year of the Christmas Love Campaign, we are having a Hand-made Christmas Contest.
What you have to do:
- Follow along during our Hand-made Christmas event from November 2 – November 16, 2013 at Susan K Weckesser Inc blog
- Like the Christmas Love Campaign Facebook page —> HERE.
- Make your own Hand-Made gift. (it can be something you designed yourself or if you want to try something that the designers have created please go ahead and have fun and do that!)
- Take a picture and post it on our Facebook page. Or if you have Instagram post it there and tag it #craftuplove , #christmaslovecampaign & #susankweckesserinc so I see it! You can find me @ [SUSANKWECKESSER] on Instagram, so come follow me and I would LOVE to follow you! So much fun!
- Give your gift to a neighbor or stranger to make them smile! SPREAD THE LOVE!
- Come back to our Hand-Made Christmas post and let us know that you have crafted up some love and you will be entered to win an awesome prize pack from the above sponsors. The prize will include lots of goodies so you can craft up more love! How awesome is that! You have until November 17, 2013 at midnight MST to enter. Have fun!