Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Collecting Moments and Memories with Fancy Pants

This snapshot captures a moment in time and holds the memories of my childhood.  I treasure this photograph of my mother cuddling me at naptime and found the perfect elements to scrap it thanks to Fancy Pants, Susan K. Weckesser and Want2Scrap.

This embellishment cluster features one of my favorite stamps from Susan K. Weckesser.  It is so obvious, but so true - "Mother is a verb,not a noun" - and is one of the valuable lessons I learned from my mother.
The die cuts from Fancy Pants Collecting Moments are wonderful and I found a little ticket that I slipped in next to this picture, proclaiming this moment as "my time".

I stamped this image of a little girl (also by Susan K.Weckesser Designs) onto cardstock before I die cut and embossed it with a Spellbinders die.  Then I used the die as a stencil and inked the background with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.
I also added some tiny Sage Green self adhesive pearls from Want2Scrap - so delicate!

Grandma's Needlepoint stamp set also includes this sentiment, which made me chuckle, "A little girl is sugar & spice And everything nice - Especially when she is taking a nap."  From stories my mother has shared, this was absolutely true about me!

"Memories" is a Fancy Chipboard Word from Want2Scrap and I left it completely bare.

Thank you so much for stopping by - I hope you find some time to play!  Susie

 Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment