Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Team Canada Visits Australia!

This layout is a gift for my girlfriend Karen who used to compete for team Canada in the Modern Pentathalon. The new Australia Collection from Paper House was perfect for these photos of her tour of the Sydney Harbor!

Apparently this was a photo shoot to thank sponsors for outfitting the team.  I don't know the details so I created a hidden journaling spot for her to jot down her memories.  I attached the tag to this really cute cardstock sticker with some foam pop dots and it tucks away behind the top picture in the photo collage.
She had saved a piece of ephemera from the event which was 8"x8" and too large for me to fit on the page. It seemed a shame not to include such a cool graphic element so I scanned it in and printed out a much smaller version.  It is perfect as a bit of journaling!
I used a craft knife to cut along the curve of the bridge printed on the Sydney Harbour background paper and slid one corner of a photo inside the slit.  I used a Spellbinders die to cut and emboss the arrow...
...which directs the eye to the title of the page.  I had these white dimensional letter stickers in my stash and colored some of the letters with Fired Brick Distress Ink - because red and white are the colors of the Canadian flag.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Products:

2 comments:

  1. Great gift! That looks fun. Love the arrow and title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool page! I love the photos and the tag topper!

    ReplyDelete