I started with a search of the internet and found all kinds of signs with "house rules" on them and printed my favorite rules out onto tissue paper with a different font for each line.
The next step is to create the canvas background. I wrinkled up some tissue paper, smoothed it out and adhered it to the canvas with Mod Podge. I added color with semi-transparent acrylic paint in 2 shades of blue. Then I used Mod Podge to adhere the various "rules" onto the canvas.
|NOTE: Tear the edges of the tissue paper as it will blend more easily into the background.|
|Notice the great texture the canvas has from the wrinkled tissue paper.|
|Here's a look at the "cloud sandwich" with the white acrylic paint between the 2 layers of stamped tissue.|
|You can see the string suspending the sun - it is from the Mod Podged tissue sun.|
|Did you notice that the kite (and the cloud) are reversed images? I wanted the tail of the kite to go the opposite direction. It is easy to do when you stamp on tissue paper!|
The little girl is from Susan's Grandma's Needlepoint stamp set. The chipboard fence, which I also painted with white acrylic, is from Want2Scrap.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie
- Fly Away stamp set by Susan K. Weckesser for Unity Stamp Company
- Grandma's Needlepoint stamp set by Susan K. Weckesser for Unity Stamp Company
- Little Haven stamp set by Susan K. Weckesser for Unity Stamp Company
- Collecting Moments collection from Fancy Pants Designs
- Chipboard Fences by Nina Brackett - Card Sized by Want2Scrap
- Deco Art Traditions Artist Acrylics
- Canvas 7"x14"
- Tissue paper
- Laser Jet printer
- White acrylic paint