Friday, January 10, 2014

School Picture Layout with Quick Quotes' Dusty Road

My daughter's smile in her 6th grade school picture was so sweet -  I hope it never changes!  When I saw one of the sentiments from Quick Quotes' Dusty Road collection, "Let your smile change the World, but don't let the world change your smile", I knew it was perfect for this layout!

I just love all the pre-printed sentiments on the Dusty Road 500 paper so I actually chose 2 of my favorites and using 2 different Spellbinders dies, I cut and embossed them. They were not quite large enough to fill the die, so one edge of each is actually straight.  I hid the straight edge under the washi tape on the top sentiment and  under the photo mat for the second sentiment. 
I distressed the edges with an emery board  to reveal the embossed edge before inking  with Biscotti Chalking Ink.
For the rest of the details on how I created this layout, be sure to check out my post today over on the Quick Quotes' blog!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie



Quick Quotes Dusty Road Products Used to Create School Layout:

Other Products:
  • Want2Scrap 72 Count White Pearls - Self Adhesive
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One and Labels Eight
  •  Blue Cardstock 
  •  Washi tape 
  •  Thickers 
  •  3D-Dots 
  •  Vintage paper doily

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the tape! I'm so excited to be working on the QQ team with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, after reading this remarkable post i am also delighted to share my familiarity here with friends.
    Schools in Hitech City

    ReplyDelete