Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Home - A Mixed Media Canvas with Want2Scrap and Susan K.Weckesser

Today I am sharing a “home”-themed mixed media canvas I created, inspired by Susan K. Weckesser’s Unity Stamp set, Little Haven, and using a variety of Want2Scrap products!
I started with a 4″x12″ canvas and created a background using products from DecoArt, including the definition of home and some special quotes.  The tree on the right side of the canvas was added with the Bare Tree stencil from Want2Scrap and DecoArt’s Dimensional Effects.
 Susan designed a really cool background stamp called In Circle Me.   Using that stamp, I filled out the tree with circular “leaves”  in two colors .  I also added Sage Green Pearl self-adhesive bling from Want2Scrap amongst the branches for a funky, dimensional look.

I stamped the word “home” onto white cardboard, cut it into letter tiles and inked the edges.  The Swirls Finesse black rhinestones you see peeking into the picture is “smoke”  from a chimney.
.
I stamped the Little Haven house on  a book page which I had adhered to chipboard and then painted it with semi-transparent paint from DecoArt so the print showed through.  I added a small chimney and I trimmed it out.  I adhered it to the canvas next to a chipboard fence designed by Nina Brackett for Want2Scrap.  I whitewashed it by dry brushing on some gesso.   I like having elements -  like the house, fence, and tree  – hang out over the edges.
.
I finished it off with a stamp from my stash – a mother image, which is also a Susan K. Weckesser design!
 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Want2Scrap® Products:

Susan K. Weckesser Products:

Other Products:

3 comments:

  1. Love the tree, may have to scrap lift the idea, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree, may have to scrap lift the idea, very creative.

    ReplyDelete