I like to make custom embellishments for my layouts. One of the most important parts of that is matching the colors. I used the new Coral PowderPuff Chalking Inks to alter the glittered chipboard numbers by simply dragging the ink pad gently over the surface of the numbers.
Here's a shot of the finished date. Do you see the decorative scalloped piece above it? That is from the Baggage Claim chipboard die cuts.
I decided to alter another piece from the chipboard die cuts but I made a mistake! (Yes! It happens!) I initially thought I wanted to use the new Caribbean Blue PowderPuff Chalking Ink...but I was wrong. Oops!
The really fun embellishment to make was the feathers that fall along the left side of the layout!
The series of pictures below shows the progression:
- Paint chipboard feathers with gesso and let dry.
- Ink entire surface with Coral PowderPuff Chalk Ink.
- Use watercolor technique and Red Hot PowderPuff Chalk Ink to add depth and details.
- Use black pen to sketch in detail lines.
Here is a close up of one of the feathers:
And here is a little video to show you the watercolor technique:
Super simple, right? I hope you give it a try the next time you play with your inks!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie
Quick Quotes Products for Flamingo layout:
- Baggage Claim 800
- Baggage Claim Chipboard Die Cuts
- Coral PowderPuff Chalking Ink
- Red Hot PowderPuff Chalking Ink
- Creamy Cocoa PowderPuff Chalking Ink
Other Products: Glittered chipboard alpha, black ink pen, twine