Friday, April 25, 2014

Share My Joys Anniversary Card with Quick Quotes

Today I am sharing a card I created using the *new* Serendipity collection and a vellum sentiment from Quick Quotes.

I wanted to make something special for my husband and this said exactly what I wanted to say:  "Whenever I need someone to share my joys, or someone to hold my hand when my world falls to pieces you're there.  And I know you will always be...tomorrow and forever..."

I do not create cards very often, but when I do I like square cards - maybe they remind me of scrapbook pages!  Anyway, I love the mix of the floral pattern and swirls on this paper and cut a 5.75" square for the background of the card. The cardstock for this was cut 12"x6" then folded in half to create the base.

I fussy cut one of the flowers and some of the leaves from the same paper.  You can see I popped it up with foam adhesive then added a Blue Steel pearl to the center of each of these blooms.

The smaller flower was cut from a sheet of Calypso and I tucked in a couple more leaves.

The sentiment was die cut and embossed and I used Blue Jeans Powder Puff Chalking Ink to create a soft frame before highlighting the edges with teardrop pearls.
 

Here is a little video to show you how easy it is to create this look using Spellbinders dies:



Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment