Monday, May 26, 2014

Couture Style with Want2Scrap and Graphic 45

I have several pictures of my mother from the 40's and 50's that I have been meaning to scrap.  Simple poses in a variety of outfits, so I realized that was the way to tie them together - fashion!

Nothing says Couture like Paris so I reached for the 
Paris Overlay from Want2Scrap and  the Couture Collection from Graphic 45! 

Here is how the overlay looked when I started:

It comes with white paper that adds an inner frame to the photo windows.  I replaced it with off-white to better match the colors in the Couture collection and then backed it with a piece of  Couture paper.

I framed the first photo with one of Want2Scrap's Vintage Fancy Frames Silhouettes and centered it in the opening.  Tags and chipboard from the Couture collection provide some layers and the chipboard dress form from Want2Scrap provides dimension.

The next opening features a laser cut Eiffel Tower.  I backed it with a piece of Fabulous paper from the 8 x 8  pad.  I like the smaller patterns in that format!  I added roses and stamps that I trimmed out of a sheet of Elegant paper.  

The tag that spans the tower was cut with a Spellbinders die, then backed with a piece of coordinating chipboard from Want2Scrap called Nestaboard.  It was absolute serendipity that the Fabulous tag from Graphic 45 fits perfectly on top!

Below the laser cut "Paris" is another opening, which I filled with a vintage doily from my stash, another photo of my mother, Finesse Swirls from Want2Scrap and Pockets and Tags from Graphic 45.

I used a rubber stamp from Graphic 45 to stamp and emboss the word "Style" onto one of the coordinating pockets.  The matching tag was embellished with black rhinestone Baby Bling.

I wrapped this last chipboard tag with a piece of ribbon and layered it on top of this cute pose of my mom!

Even a little cheesecake pose can be classy!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie


Want2Scrap Products used with Paris Overlay:

Cross Promotional Products:

Other Products:  Ribbon, alpha stickers, black ink and embossing powder, cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment