Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Life is Pretty Amazing with Quick Quotes and Xyron!

Today I would like to share a layout featuring the Calypso collection.  The colors and the vibe were a perfect match to my son's 4th grade school photo.

The die cut yellow cardstock "burst" was a gift from a girlfriend.  I simply added some pieces from different papers in the Calypso collection before I adhered it on white cardstock with the Xyron Tape Runner, matted it with blue and placed the die cut sticker in the center of the "burst"!

I loved using the Xyron Sticker Maker to add the die cut arrows to the layout!  It made it so easy!

When the arrows came out of the sticker maker I took a pencil and outlined the shape of each one before I removed the cover sheet.  Sometimes adhesive can be a little string-y, and this simple step really helps to minimize that!

The next step was to color the arrows with Quick Quotes Blue Moon Powder Puff Chalking Ink.  It was so easy to do this because the arrows were still stuck to the backing!  No worries about tearing or damaging the delicate shapes.

I peeled the arrows off of the backing and adhered them around the layout.  I used the Blue Moon Ink to edge the journaling strips below and then adhered them with a Xyron Tape Runner.

I often feel like they leave too much "head room" in school portraits, so I was very happy to fill the space with this banner from the Calypso Chipboard Die Cuts.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!

Quick Quotes Products Used:

Cross Promotional Product:
  • IN-015  Spellbinders® Shapeabilities® Shoot
  • Cardstock

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, love everything about it. Your colors, papers and elements all work perfectly together.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO and such a gorgeous photo of your son, and yes it's just perfect for these papers and elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your page Susie! Such a fun design and the arrows are perfect with the photo too!!!

    ReplyDelete