Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Mother's Day Layout with Quick Quotes

With Mother's Day just around the corner I was inspired to scrap this photo of my daughter and myself  using the new Serendipity and Calypso collections from Quick Quotes!

Blue and yellow is one of my favorite color combinations and it just happens to be the colors in my daughter's sundress and hat!  The plaid from the Serendipity collection was the perfect starting point, then I added an 11" square layer of the darker blue on blue paper.
I centered a white doily on the page before slipping a fancy die cut under the upper right.  I love that there are so many different patterns in the collection - it makes it incredibly easy to mix and match!

I created this little embellishment cluster using several dies from my ever-growing Spellbinders collection!


  • Classic Hearts to cut and emboss different sized hearts out of  a variety of papers from the Serendipity collection.  Distressing the edges with an emory board revealed the detail.
  • Floral Ovals to create the decorative frame for the velllum quote, which I inked with Blue Moon PowderPuff Chalking Ink.
  • The Bird Banner was cut out of white cardstock using Lemonade PowderPuff Chalking Ink in a letter press technique.
  • The Feather was cut and embossed before I used Biscotti PowderPuff Chalking Ink to reveal those wonderful details!

The chipboard phrases are from the Calypso collection and are some of the best pieces of advice I could offer to my daughter:  Follow Your Heart, Be Happy, and Love Deeply!

On the other side of the layout I created this dimensional yellow Gerber Daisy using one of Spellbinders new Die D-Lites.
Both the daisy and the yellow tag below it were cut from Calypso 100 paper.  I enriched the color of the daisy by inking the centers of the petals with the Lemonade PowderPuff Chalking Ink before it was assembled.

The wonderful chipboard words, which I left bare, are from Want2Scrap and add so much dimension!

Also from Want2Scrap, I found the perfect piece of bling to crown this layout!

The last thing I added is the strip in the upper left corner.  I was very happy to dig into my extensive washi tape collection and pull out some complimentary yellow and blue strips!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie

Products Used:



Other: paper doily, tag, alpha stickers, washi tape, white cardstock.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this page! So fantastic and such a great color combo. It totally brings out your pretty blue eyes too! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete