Friday, May 30, 2014

Scrap your Graduate with Want2Scrap and Paper House

I was thrilled to find that Want2Scrap has an overlay for Graduation!  Add some themed stickers from Paper House and you can finish this layout in about an hour!
.

The laser cut overlay is black and white which makes it easy to customize with colors from your son's or daughter's school.   This is how it looked before I started:.
I trimmed the overlay down so that it is an 11.5" square and backed the openings with Designer paper before centering it on a piece of gold cardstock. The black cardstock base is great for letting your embellishment clusters *pop* off the page!   I used a mix of flat cardstock stickers and 3D stickers.  I just love dimension!

Here I used one of the openings in the overlay to frame (2) smaller photos and a group of embellishments.

Sometimes I do actually fill the openings with a photograph - like this one of my son receiving his diploma!

The laurel wreath on the left hand side was cut, embossed and stenciled with a die from Spellbinders.

The final touch was a black rhinestone Swirls Finesse!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie


Want2Scrap Products for Graduation Day layout:

Paper House Products:

Other Products:
  • Cardstock




3 comments:

  1. Amazing page! The overlay, the die-cuts and the stickers are just fantastic. Thanks for sharing Susie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great creative inspiration for a graduation scrapbook layout, Susie! I wanted to come by and thank you for your visit to me and your sweet comments! I appreciate that you followed Flat Susan as she visited with me!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete