Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Family Adventure with Quick Quotes and Petaloo

My husband is a great "Daddy" for our three children!  Learning to ride a bike is an important milestone in any child's life so of course he was right there to help our baby girl develop this skill.  It took a lot of patience.  He actually worked with her on multiple occasions over the course of about a year before she developed the confidence to ride on her own.  The small pictures on the right are from the 1st attempt on the school playground.  The large photo on the left is the day she finally road up and down the road all by herself.  Talk about a proud Daddy moment!
The beautiful plaid background paper is from the Quick Quotes Serendipity Collection and I inked all around the edge with Tahiti PowderPuff Chalking Ink.  I placed a doily slightly off center and layered on a fancy die cut showing the reverse side of the plaid paper!  Both sides were so beautiful!

Creating this beautiful floral spray on the left of the layout was so easy with Petaloo products!
I combined 2 different colors from the Burlap Blossoms line:  Teal and Pistachio.  The leaves and the pearlized berries are from the Botanica Collection. A pearl flourish, from Want2Scrap, and wood accent finish the embellishment cluster.

Petaloo also has a nice collection of Fancy Trims and I layered 2 of them - some teal ric rac and a piece of beige lace - on top of a torn strip from the Quick Quotes Baggage Claim Collection.  Those cute bikes were perfect for this layout!  I added a second torn strip and then inked the edges with Rusty Nail PowderPuff Chalking Ink.
"Daddy's Little Girl" came from
a Quick Quotes Vellum I had in my stash!
The polaroid frame from the Baggage Claim Chipboard Die Cuts was the inspiration for all of the polaroids on the layout.  The quote on the piece talks about adventure. My daughter thought I meant learning to ride the bike. I had to explain that I was actually referencing being a parent, having a family - an adventure I hope she one day enjoys herself!  The Fancy Chipboard Word, Family, is from Want2Scrap!

Here's a closer look at the bit of washi and wood veneer bicycle at the top.
You can see that the die cut was embossed and distressed before I inked it with Rusty Nail PowderPuff Chalking Ink.  I also inked the doily a bit to add a little "character".

Be sure to stop by the Quick Quotes Blog to get the details on a GIVEAWAY!  
There are 4  Prize Packages and 5 ways to win!  
Good Luck!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes Products:

Petaloo Products:

Want2Scrap Products:

Other Products:
  • Spellbinders Grand Labels One
  • Jilllian Vance Designs {die)velop Foto Frames and {die}alogue  Bubbles Die set
  • October Afternoon Daily Flash Washi Tape
  • Little Yellow Bicycle Wood Words Stick Pins
  • Studio Calico Transportation Wood Veneer Shapes
  • Doily

4 comments:

  1. Super fun page! I love the bikes and the bling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. susie, such a full bodied textured layout. great to have more than 1 pic on the layout, nice showcasing of the petaloo and quick quotes... love the color tone combination as well, good eye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! you went all in with this page! Wonderful! Love the wood touch too! Thanks for visiting me today!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! The story is so sweet!

    PS: Susie, you were the winner of my Blog Hop giveaway. Here is the post:
    http://www.kelsterjean.com/2014/06/giveaway-winner.html

    Please email me so I can send you your prize!

    ReplyDelete