Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Family: A Legacy of Love with Quick Quotes

Hello and welcome!
Today I would like to share a family themed layout featuring products from Quick Quotes.  I used (2) past Club Q Premiere Page Kits:  "Our Story" and "A Legacy of Love".

First let me tell you that I am from a very large family:  I have 4 brothers and 4 sisters!  My baby sister was born in December of 1964 and that Christmas, we took this rather iconic family portrait.  There are so many elements in it that are "classic" Madden, that it is a favorite photo of mine.  I wanted to create a special layout but did not want to do anything that was "traditional" Christmas.
 
I started by creating a layered background: 

  • Center and adhere an 11" x 10" rectangle of cream paper from the "Our Story" kit onto wine colored cardstock.
  • Next add a 12" x 7" strip of patterned paper from the "Our Story" kit on top, distressing and inking the edges.
  • The top layer is a 12" x 4.5" strip of polka-dot patterned paper with the edges distressed and inked.
  • Adhere 7" x 5" photo on top

The semi-circles in the upper left are also from the "Our Story" Premiere Page Kit.  I layered them and added the self adhesive pearls from the kit.

This journaling block and the elegant vellum circle above it are from a different kit, "A Legacy of Love".  I cut out the vellum with a circular die, backed it with cardstock so the details would show, and inked the edge with Brandywine PowderPuff Chalking Ink.
The little chipboard present, in honor of Christmas, came from the Birthday Bag o' Chips.  I left the chipboard bare, but added a single self-adhesive pearl.

The family title card comes as a rectangle in the kit.  I used a die to cut and emboss a fancy edge.

You can see that I distressed the embossed edge with a sanding block, revealing a white core.  I then used the Brandywine PowderPuff Chalking Ink to highlight the edge detail.

Both of the kits came with a length of beautiful cream colored ribbon so I tied a bow and adhered it below the photo, overlapping the title block. Finis!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes Products for Family Layout:

Other Products:

No comments:

Post a Comment