Saturday, June 7, 2014

Mixed Media Father's Day Card with Want2Scrap

Father’s Day is just around the corner so I pulled out the Bare Tree stencil from Want2Scrap and used some simple techniques to create a mixed media style card!   

To create the textured background I reached for the Kickin’ Rubber M-Bossabilities folder from Spellbinders and used a faux letterpress technique:
  • Apply ink directly to the inside of the M-Bossabilities folder.
  • Place kraft cardstock inside the folder and run it through the Grand Calibur.
  • Remove and adhere to green card base.

Tags are a great way to play with techniques AND they are great elements on cards. This one took just a few steps:
  • I started by misting the background with some blue spray mist.
  • I used the Bare Tree stencil and taped it and the tag down so that they wouldn’t shift around.
  • I used a sponge applicator to apply brown ink through the stencil.
  • I used a green spray mist to create the leaves on the tree.
  • I stamped the sentiment on top of all the layers with black ink.

All of my projects need dimension so I added a little acorn!
  • I stamped an acorn onto paper  which I had lightly misted with a gold spray.
  • I added brown inks with a paintbrush and some water until I was happy with the color.
  • I cut it out and used dimensional foam adhesive to pop it up.

The final touch was to attach a small silver charm to the tag with baker’s twine.

I really think this is the perfect Father’s Day card for my husband!  It makes me think of all the nature hikes he took with the boys hunting for salamanders  and other critters!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Want2Scrap Products for Father’s Day Mixed Media Card:

Cross Promotional Partners:
Other:  Stamps, cardstock, spray mist,  ink, tag, baker’s twine.

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic, Susie, and I love how you have made it so personal for your DH! Thank you for the wonderful step-by-step instructions! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete