Thursday, June 5, 2014

Scrap Your Country Star with Paper House

Paper House has so many great themed collections - something for every occasion - and I recently found the perfect excuse to reach for the Country Star Collection!


I visited one of my brothers in April and snapped some pictures when he took out his guitar for a few songs.  I especially liked that his puppy, Layla, situated herself right at his feet!  So cute!

I started with the Fender Acoustic Guitar paper and used a craft knife to fussy cut along the right edge of the guitar so I could slip things behind it!


With 3D stickers, it is easy to create little embellishment clusters like this one:
Lace edge created by cutting, embossing and stenciling with
Spellbinders Creative Book Pages Two.
I love the half tone swirl at the top of the page and around the guitar!  I did my journaling on a tag and tucked it behind a photo.  The "lasso" on the tag is from the 100% Country 3D stickers.
The lace doily was cut and embossed with
Spellbinders GrandStately Circles.

I created a pretty shaped photo mat area by layering some large die cuts.  You can see how I distressed the decorative edge of this one, cut from the Stable Wood paper, to give it a more masculine feel:
Decorative background mat cut and embossed with
Spellbinders Grand Labels One

I added a few strips of washi tape around the photos and also in the upper left corner:

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie


Paper House Products:
Other Products:

No comments:

Post a Comment