Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Vacation with June Club Q from Quick Quotes!

I am sharing a vacation themed layout I created using the June Club Q kits from Quick Quotes.  They are fabulous and feature my absolute favorite line - Baggage Claim!

Here's a peek at the kits:


And here is my layout:  


I took my kits apart, mixed everything together, added a few bits from my stash and started playing!

You can see that I made good use of all the pre-cut banners, flipping half of them to show both sides.  I created some extra banners with the wonderful ribbons in the kits!  I popped up a sentiment from the Baggage Claim Die Cut Stickers.
Burlap Flower/Petaloo;  Finesse Swirl/Want2Scrap
One of the next things I touched was a white plastic slide frame - but it didn't stay white for long!  I applied a nice coat of Java PowderPuff Chalking Ink. I was concerned that the ink might rub off of the slick surface so I decided to cover it with a layer of clear embossing powder.
Burlap Flower/Petaloo; Finesse Swirls/Want2Scrap
As you might expect, the heat started to melt the plastic slide as it also melted the embossing powder.  I watched carefully and stopped the process when I was happy with the result!  I backed it with some paper and added a wood veneer airplane from my stash.  Here is a close up - I love the texture!
Wood Veneer/Studio Calico
The kits also contain the Baggage Claim Chipboard Die Cuts.  The chipboard  tickets, applied together in a strong horizontal line, make a nice topper for the banner and a nice base for the title. I used a chipboard word for my title and decided to leave it plain because the color works so well with the papers.
Fancy Chipboard Word/Want2Scrap
I created a small banner for the upper left hand corner and topped it with another piece of Baggage Claim Chipboard.  I die cut the view finder from paper in the kits and tucked it behind the photos along with a tag for journaling.
View Finder Die/Echo Park
I loved playing with these kits and I still have tons of paper, pre-cut elements, ribbon, and die cut chipboard & stickers left for other projects!  Baggage Claim is perfect for scrapping all of your travel destinations

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes Products Used:

Want2Scrap Products:

Other Products:  Petaloo Burlap Flower, Echo Park Die, Studio Calico Wood Veneer, clear embossing powder, tag, October Afternoon Daily Flash washi tape

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the color combination you used!

    ReplyDelete