Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hawaii Layout Starts with Want2Scrap Overlay!

Our vacation in Hawaii was uncomplicated and by that I mean it was just my husband and I.  No kids!  Perfect example of this was not having to check the menu of every restaurant to see if they served hot dogs before we went in and sat down!

Like I said - uncomplicated - and I wanted this layout to be that way, too!  So I reached for a 12x12 laser cut overlay from Want2Scrap!

Here is what it looked like before I started:


My favorite thing about working with overlays is the built in title area!  I don’t know about you, but it seems that whenever I reach for letter stickers I am often missing one letter that I need.  Having a laser cut title means that I don’t even have to think about that!  I fussy cut some yellow vellum to fit behind the hibiscus stamen.  The rest of the flower was backed with orange and the letters were backed with blue.
.

I had a piece of beach themed paper from Kaisercraft that I wanted to use so I removed the orange paper and replaced it,  firmly adhering the edges of the overlay.  Then I trimmed the overlay on the top and sides so that it was about 1/4″ wide.  I mounted it on top of a light blue 11.5″ square of cardstock and then centered that on a piece of soft green cardstock.  The 2 pieces of cardstock picked up colors from the beach paper that I wanted to emphasize.
The overlay also has a beautiful laser cut palm tree in the bottom left corner, which I accented with beautiful 3D sea shell stickers from Paper House Productions!


The photo on I used on the page is 5×7 .  If you don’t have a single photo you would like to feature, you could create a mini-collage in the same area.  I would recommend using black photo mats to tie in with the overlay.  I added some beach themed rub ons and finished off with a couple more glittery, 3D stickers.


One of the big reasons I like to use overlays from Want2Scrap is how much time I save!  This layout can be completed in about an hour!  Crazy fast!
There are currently over 120 Overlays available from Want2Scrap and there are more being added all the time!  Be sure to check it out!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  
Aloha! Susie

Want2Scrap Products:

Paper House Products:

Other:  Kaisercraft Paradiso - Getaway paper; Heidi Swapp Rub-ons; vellum; tag; ribbon; cardstock

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Susie and it sounds as if you had a great time! Lovely photo of hubby too!

    ReplyDelete