Monday, July 21, 2014

Let's Ride Roller Coasters! - Quick Quotes

One of our favorite family summertime activities has always been to hit the amusement parks and more specifically, the roller coasters!  My husband  and sons love the way they climb and turn and twist and drop and go every which way at tremendous speeds  - and I tried to capture that in this layout using paper and inks from Quick Quotes!


I was inspired by the name of the Superman roller coaster, "Ride of Steel", to create these textured photo mats by embossing gray paper from the Sheer Joy Collection.  I inked the edges and raised texture with Feather Gray PowderPuff Chalking Ink.

I  positioned the photos on top of a paper from the Dream Big line and then pulled out the rest of my PowderPuff Chalking Inks & some arrow stencils - and started to play!!

I used Post It notes to quickly and easily mask off the openings in the stencil that I was not working with at the moment.  I applied Razz-Berry Ink on this arrow stencil...

...then used a black pen to outline the arrow before I removed the stencil.

I chose to overlap some of the arrows just for fun:
  

I love the way the background paper changed the colors of the inks! 

 I used black dimensional Alphas for the title(s).

I should add that I did not adhere the photos and mats in place until I had finished stenciling the arrows.  It is much easier to work without any obstructions!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes Products:

Other Products:

1 comment:

  1. This is really fun! I love all of those arrows!!! Great page!

    ReplyDelete