Thursday, July 10, 2014

New York City & the Statue of Liberty!

I have been to New York City a few times in my life but I never made the time to visit the Statue of Liberty.  Crazy, right?  Earlier this year my sister and I met up and had an unforgettable visit with Lady Liberty.  Let me tell you, she is jaw-droppingly gorgeous from every angle!!  

Of course I needed to scrapbook our adventure so I started with an overlay from Want2Scrap featuring a laser cut skyline of the Big Apple!

The first thing I did was to replace the white background sheet that came with the overlay with a piece of paper featuring “Lady Liberty” from Paper House Productions. Now you might ask, how many Statues of Liberty does any layout need?  My answer?  More!

I put shiny metallic silver tape behind the laser cut title area that runs along the bottom of the page.  It looks great in real life!  See how reflective it is in the photo below:

Next I added a collage of pictures and went to work with some fun details!
The picture in the bottom left was taken as we started our trip across the harbor and showed ice floating in the water…we were there in February – Brrr!  I highlighted the *tiny* Statue of Liberty in that photo with a circle of Nestabling and a trio of arrows.
In the upper left, I created a textured background with the Industrial M-Bossabilities folder from Spellbinders and the same shiny metallic tape I used behind the title.  I will admit to being a washi tape addict so I was happy to use several pieces on this layout!  You can see that I emphasized the horizontal line between the tapes with a piece of Sleek Strip Rhinestones in black.

I created a sub title in the upper right with a dimensional alpha and some additional images of Lady Liberty:  a die cut and a stamped image.
I am also a fan of the wood bits that are so popular these days. I used this one From Kaisercraft to point out my sister’s great smile.  The definition of the word “smile” was stamped onto the background paper and then I highlighted it with a self-adhesive black pearl from Want2Scrap.

In the bottom right corner you can see that I cut an arrow from the metallic tape with Spellbinders You Are Here die.  It sits above a little wood heart I gave to Lady Liberty and points to a photo of me with the New York City Skyline in the background.  I used more washi and another piece of the Sleek Strip Rhinestones!

On my next trip to New York I plan to go all the way to the top of the statue! They may have to pry me out with a crowbar - I can't wait!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Want2Scrap Products:

Paper House Products:
Other Products:

1 comment:

  1. Super fun page Susie! I love all the little details you added, especially the embossed metal. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete