This is what it looked like when I started:
And here is how I made the transformation:
- Remove the backing paper and tape the overlay to the mat with low tack tape - I used some of my washi tape - and cover the laser cut title and shamrock with a piece of paper to protect it.
- Tape the brick stencil on top and apply ink. I was very careful around the edge of island cut out, applying the ink lightly and in one direction.
- On less delicate areas I applied modeling paste through the stencil, adding color with ink after it dried.
- Remove the paper mask from the title area.
I replaced the dark green paper that came with it and added a brighter green cardstock behind it - can't have too much green when you are talking about Ireland, right?.
One of the new Apple Green Mulberry Paper Flowers from Want2Scrap is the perfect accent for the title:
The pictures on the layout are from our visit to the Giant's Causeway. It is located in the north and there were 4 of us traveling together, so I added some fun details to the Ireland cut out:
The photos were sized so that they fit inside the openings and revealed both shades of green:
The Black Sleek Strip Rhinestones add a bit of class to my bits of washi tape!
Love my Dymo labelmaker!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie
- Ireland - 12x12 Overlay
- Sleek Strips Rhinestones - Black
- Mulberry Paper Flowers - 3/8" Apple Green
- Bricks Stencil in 8x10 - Small Bricks
- Studio Calico Wood Veneers - Hearts and Arrows & Potty People
- Modeling Paste
- Dymo Labelmaker
- Washi tape