Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Scrapping Ireland with Want2Scrap!

Want2Scrap has a wonderful laser cut Overlay to help you scrap your trip to Ireland!
In our travels we saw castle after castle after castle - all fabulous - and I wanted to find a way to incorporate them into my layout.  I reached for the Bricks Stencil from Want2Scrap and used some simple mixed media techniques to create a pretty respectable looking castle wall!

This is what it looked like when I started:

And here is how I made the transformation:
  1. Remove the backing paper and tape the overlay to the mat with low tack tape - I used some of my washi tape - and cover the laser cut title and shamrock with a piece of paper to protect it.
  2. Tape the brick stencil on top and apply ink.  I was very careful around the edge of  island cut out, applying the ink lightly and in one direction.
  3. On less delicate areas I applied modeling paste through the stencil, adding color with ink after it dried.
  4. Remove the paper mask from the title area.
I replaced the dark green paper that came with it and added a brighter green cardstock behind it - can't have too much green when you are talking about Ireland, right?.


One of the new Apple Green Mulberry Paper Flowers from Want2Scrap is the perfect accent for the title:

The pictures on the layout are from our visit to the Giant's Causeway.  It is located in the north and there were 4 of us traveling together, so I added some fun details to the Ireland cut out:

The photos were sized so that they fit inside the openings and revealed both shades of green:

The Black Sleek Strip Rhinestones add a bit of class to my bits of washi tape!

Love my Dymo labelmaker!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie

Want2Scrap products:

Other Products:
  • Studio Calico Wood Veneers - Hearts and Arrows & Potty People
  • Modeling Paste
  • Inks
  • Dymo Labelmaker
  • Washi tape

1 comment:

  1. These W2S overlays are super cool. Your bricks are amazing! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete