Thursday, August 21, 2014

"Precious" Baby Frame - Quick Quotes

Hello and welcome!  I am excited to share an altered picture frame I created using the Dream Big collection from Quick Quotes.
I started by covering the front of the picture frame with the plaid paper, inking the edges with Biscotti PowderPuff Chalking Ink.

I also have a couple of quick tutorials:

  • Creating  a rosette 
  • Custom coloring ribbon

Creating the Rosette:  I started by cutting a cardboard circle about 3" in diameter and coating it with a glue that dries tacky, creating a large "glue spot".  Set this aside.

I cut 2 strips of Dream Big paper, 2" x 12".  Score the strips every 1/2" and fold, creating pleats.

Join the ends of the strips with strong adhesive, creating a circle.  Gather the pleats into a cone shape...

...flatten the cone and place the cardboard with the glue spot on the back side to hold it together. Set aside.

Meanwhile, I die cut a vellum sentiment and a matching piece of white cardstock.  Ink the edges with Blue Lagoon PowderPuff Chalking Ink.
 

Run the vellum sentiment through the Xyron Label maker and layer on top of the cardstock.

Adhere the layered vellum sentiment to the front center of the rosette.

Custom Coloring Ribbon:  You can custom color any sheer ribbon with PowderPuff Chalking Inks!  I placed the ribbon on a non-stick craft mat and simply run the ink pad over both sides.  For this project, I chose to use Blue Lagoon.

I then used the perfectly coordinated ribbon on the photo frame!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes Products:

Other Products:  Xyron 3" Sticker Maker, The Best Glue Ever, sheer ribbon, Scor-Pal

No comments:

Post a Comment