Saturday, September 13, 2014

Dream Big with Quick Quotes and Want2Scrap!

Quick Quotes and Want2Scrap have teamed up for the month of September!  Check out how well their products compliment each other in this project!

 I recently purchased some of the Julie Nutting Mixed Media Dolls and wanted to create with them!!  I decided to make a tag that I could use as an embellishment on a scrapbook page.  The colors in the Dream Big collection from Quick Quotes were a match for my daughter's school picture!  Perfect starting point!


I began by tracing a tag from my stash onto Dream Big 400 so that the stripes ran diagonally.

Next I reached for the Chevron Stencil from Want2Scrap and the Carribean Blue PowderPuff Chalking Ink. I shifted the stencil after the first application of ink so that the pattern lined up to create a diamond lattice when I inked a second time.
 I used a black pen to trace in some of those lines to highlight the shapes. I cut circles from the Dream Big 100 paper and trimmed it to match the edge of the tag - except for the one circle I left on the upper right!

I paper pieced the doll by stamping her on multiple papers:  the main body is Dusty Road 400, the dress is Dream Big, and the sash and tiara are from Calypso 200.

I used Java Powderpuff Chalking Ink for her hair and created the band of jewels with the Want2Scrap 72 Count Orange Rhinestones.

I added a sentiment from the Sheer Joy Chipboard Die Cuts and dressed up one of the designs on the paper with Want2Scrap 72 CountTurquiose Rhinestones.
I love the 72 Count packages of bling from Want2Scrap because you get 4 different sizes of rhinestones in each pack!

Here's another look at the finished tag.

To create the base of the layout, I started with black cardstock and layerd on the yellow side of  Dream Big 300. I added a doily in the upper left corner of the layout.  Before I adhered it in place, I inked the edge with Carribean Blue and Orange Slice PowderPuff Chalking Inks.  The "Dream Big" banner is from Calypso 500.

The last thing I added was the title...a fun mix of dimensional alphas and little word stickers from my stash!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes Supplies:

Want2Scrap Supplies:

Other:  Prima Julie Nutting Mixed Media Doll, Doily, Thickers, washi tape, Simple Stories Snap Flair - Icons, MME Tiny Word Stickers, ribbon, cardstock

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this!!! Makes me want to go buy some of those doll stamps!!!!

    ReplyDelete