Thursday, September 4, 2014

Customized Gift Bag Ensemble from Quick Quotes and Want2Scrap

Hello crafters!  Today I would like to share an idea to make your gift-giving more beautiful and economical!

I recently attended a baby shower and spent way too much money on the gift bag and card!  It occurred to me that I have tons of scrapbook paper that I bought because I love the colors and designs.  Why not use them to create my own gift ensembles?

I purchased a plain white gift bag at a local craft store for about a dollar.  I covered the front of it with a piece of paper from the Dusty Road collection.  I added a contrasting strip across the top, using an edge punch along the bottom.  I inked the edges with Green With Envy PowderPuff Chalking Ink.
Bag measures 10" x 12.5"
Quick Quotes offers 3" x 4" Quote Cards on bright white cardstock in a variety of themes.  I went through the Sentiments pack and found one with the image of a cute little cupcake.


I used PowderPuff Chalking Inks to water color the image before I trimmed it out.

Quick Quotes also offers cardstock and vellum quotes which are packaged by theme.  I explored the Sentiments Bundle and found a set of journal cards. I trimmed out one and inked the edges with Plum Crazy PowderPuff Chalking Ink.

I cut a tag out of Dusty Road paper and layered on all my elements. I started with a "Happy Birthday" vellum from the Sentiments Itty Bitty Vellum Box Set.   The finishing touch was bling from Want2Scrap.
I used the beautiful Heartfelt Bling Brackets to frame the birthday wish.  The cupcake is dotted with 2.5mm Baby Bling rhinestones - love that they are self-adhesive!

I plan to use the journal tag to personalize the gift when it is time for giving!
Take a look at your scrapbook collections with new eyes.  Those beautiful designs are perfect for creating customized gift-giving ensembles!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes Products:

4 comments:

  1. Super cute gift bag! I love how you colored the cupcake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute bag!

    I've come to your blog to thank you for visiting mine a couple weeks ago. So many wonderful ideas on your blog as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog. Thanks for sharing useful information.
    customized gift

    ReplyDelete