Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Steampunk Angel from Want2Scrap and Quick Quotes

I have yet another Mixed Media Doll Tag to share today and this one has a Steampunk theme! 
Once again, I mixed paper and chipboard elements from Quick Quotes with Want2Scrap embellishments!

To start with, I created a tag base with Dream Big 400 and then added a top layer of torn paper from Sheer Joy 300.  I used the Feather Gray PowderPuff Chalking Ink and a stencil to create that steampunk-y background with the gears and clock.

I sprinkled clear embossing powder over the ink and applied heat.  Next I replaced the stencil and used a black pen to trace all the lines.  Finally, I inked the entire tag with Mango Mai Tai PowderPuff Chalking ink, paying special attention to the torn edges of paper.


I stamped this Julie Nutting MIxed Media doll onto a light colored paper from Quick Quotes (Dusty Road 400) then colored her with watered-down Bloody Mary PowderPuff Chalking Ink – simply stamp on a craft mat, add water and paint!  Want2Scrap has a great set of chipboard Angel Wings and I painted one of the larger wings with a metallic copper acrylic paint.

The large chipboard gear was also painted metallic copper.  I absolutely had to add one of the Mauve Mulberry Paper Flowers from Want2Scrap – a perfect mix of technology and romance so typical of this genre!

I layered on some Die Cut Chipboard elements from Quick Quotes.  I distressed the edges with an emery board before I added some “age” with more of the Mango Mai Tai Ink:

The final touch was this Fancy Chipboard Word from Want2Scrap – “Dream” – which I colored using Midnight Confessions Chalking Ink from Quick Quotes.  I then treated it to clear embossing powder and some heat and – volia!

Here's another look at the finished tag:

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes Products:
Other:  Julie Nutting Stamp, DecoArt Copper Kettle Metallic Luster, clear embossing powder,
metal gears, clockface, black pen, ribbon

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this steampunk twist on Julie Nutting's doll Susie! Fabulous embossing too. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete