This is a representation of the overlay I used from Want2Scrap. Note that the yellow area in the picture is actually the white background paper and it is attached to the paper behind the laser cut circus tent. I wanted to isolate the Big Top so that I could use patterned paper behind it.
Here is how I did it:
- Remove the overlay and use ink to lightly color the paper. It was too white for this particular project.
- Replace the overlay. Using a pencil, trace around the area of the background paper I want to keep.
- Use a craft knife to carefully cut out just inside the pencil lines. Remove and set aside for later.
- Place the red cardstock under the hole you just cut in the white background sheet and trace the shape. Cut it out and set it aside.
- Glue the white cardstock piece from step 3 to the back of the overlay as shown.
- Glue the red cardstock piece from step 4 to the back of the overlay as shown.
Next I just started to play with my pictures. I built a collage around the "Send in the Clowns" Brag Card. I used one of the Small Decorative Tags behind this picture of an incredible high wire act:
I used a piece of Classy Corners bling to highlight this brag card:
And a piece of Mardi Gras Beautiful Bling Borders was the perfect accent for this little embellishment! I added a tiny photo of my son in some clown hair to another of the Small Decorative Tags:
I love the way the 2 Cute Bling Bracket draws the eyes to the picture of the circus parade!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie
Want2Scrap Product used for Everyday Circus Layout:
- Let's go to the Circus - 12x12 Overlay
- Classy Corners - Elegance
- 2Cute Bling Brackets
- Mardi Gras Beautiful Bling Borders
Cross Promotional Product: