Saturday, October 25, 2014

Everyday Circus Clowns with Want2Scrap and Fancy Pants

Want2Scrap is teaming up with Fancy Pants this month and I was just tickled to receive the Everyday Circus Collection.  I took the opportunity to create a layout from a trip to an actual circus and feature some pictures of my own cute clowns!

This is a representation of the overlay I used from Want2Scrap.  Note that the yellow area in the picture is actually the white background paper and it is attached to the paper behind the laser cut circus tent.  I wanted to isolate the Big Top so that I could use patterned paper behind it.

Here is how I did it:

  1. Remove the overlay and use ink to lightly color the paper.  It was too white for this particular project.
  2. Replace the overlay.  Using a pencil,  trace around the area of the background paper I want to keep.
  3. Use a craft knife to carefully cut out just inside the pencil lines.  Remove and set aside for later.
  4. Place the red cardstock under the hole you just cut in the white background sheet and trace the shape.  Cut it out and set it aside.
  5. Glue the white cardstock piece from step 3 to the back of the overlay as shown.
  6. Glue the red cardstock piece from step 4 to the back of the overlay as shown.
Now that the circus tent is isolated, back the overlay with a sheet of Big Top paper from the Everyday Circus collection

Next I just started to play with my pictures.  I built a collage around the "Send in the Clowns" Brag Card.  I used one of the Small Decorative Tags behind this picture of an incredible high wire act:

I used a piece of Classy Corners bling to highlight this brag card:

And a piece of Mardi Gras Beautiful Bling Borders was the perfect accent for this little embellishment!  I added a tiny photo of my son in some clown hair to another of the Small Decorative Tags:

I love the way the 2 Cute Bling Bracket draws the eyes to the picture of the circus parade!

Thanks for stopping by and I  hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Want2Scrap Product used for Everyday Circus Layout:


Cross Promotional Product:

No comments:

Post a Comment