Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Fall is Here: Happy Harvest!

Sharing a Fall card today...
  
Fall is my favorite time of year and I created this card to celebrate the season!  Here are the details:
The leaf  was die cut from silver metallic duct tape that I had adhered to cardstock. 

I colored it with Terra Cotta Alcohol Ink first, and then I rubbed on a little Copper Kettle Metallic Lustre from DecoArt.
 
The window does actually open and close and gazing out that window is a small wood sprite or brownie.  I stamped the image onto white cardstock and colored him with a water color technique:  stamping onto a craft mat with Distress Inks and then spritzing with a little water.
 
Once I had the image colored, I laid the die cut leaf on top and traced around the edge with a pencil.  I trimmed it out and adhered it to the back of the leaf.  Using Tombow Power Tabs, I adhered the leaf assembly to the corrugated paper.

I also used the Power Tabs to mount the assembly onto the leaf stamped cardstock background, then added twine and a sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

I am entering this in the Dazzling Diva Challenge #46, Fall is Here. over at Add A Little Dazzle.

Products:
  • Spellbinders - IN-008 Nature's Window
  • B Line Designs Stamp - FA230D Spencer
  • VAP! Scrap Fall Leaf stamp
  • Studio G Clear Stamps
  • DecoArt Metallic Lustre - Copper Kettle
  • Ranger Alcohol Ink - Terra Cotta
  • Distress Inks: Peeled Paint,  Rusty Hinge, Gathered Twigs, Broken China, Wild Honey
  • Silver Metallic Duct Tape
  • Tombow Power Tabs
  • Cardstock, twine

No comments:

Post a Comment