Monday, October 20, 2014

US Air Force Family with Paper House

Paper House Productions has a new line of licensed US Military products now available and I was very happy to get my hands on the Air Force Collection!

My husband served in the Air Force for many years, working with missiles and satelites.  I was able to combine 3D Air Force stickers with the 3D Space Cadet stickers and came up with this layout that makes me smile!

In this portrait he is wearing his Missile Badge.  I added a 3D Missile to the left side and the Space Cadet title underneath:

He received several merit awards for his service and I love that Paper House has the perfect sticker to embellish those award presentation photos!

At one point, the Space Shuttle used to launch from the base he was stationed at in California so he had these pictures of SLC-6 (Space Launch Complex).  The Blast Off! sticker is from the Outer Space Cardstock sticker set:

I included a journaling area at the bottom which I will let him fill in.  Love the 3D uniform jacket!


I also used the US Military products from Paper House to create another layout about my immediate family members who also served in the U.S. Air Force.  This time I combined it with the Family Overlay from Want2Scrap:

This is how the overlay actually looks.  I made a slight alteration by using a craft knife to cut off the "Family" title, flipped the whole overlay over and added the title back on the bottom left.  I did that so that the American Flag from the All American background paper would be prominently featured in the upper left.

I added a 3D sticker, creating a very distinct title area:

This is a picture of my brother Ed.  He had a long and distinguished career as a fighter pilot before retiring after 30 years as a Colonel.  I paired his photo with one of the Air Force Tags and added dimensional stickers:

My sister Carolyn graduated from the Air Force Academy in 1981, a member of the second class of women to attend.   I combined her USAFA cadet photo with another Air Force Tag and dimensional sticker:

This is a picture of my father, Joseph B. Madden.  He was a recipient of the Air Force Cross, which is the highest honor awarded by the United States Air Force.  I love the star spangled silhouette of the man saluting!  I added a 3D Medal sticker on top of him to represent my father's award.
 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

********************************************************************

Paper House Products for Space Cadet Layout:

Other Products:  Journal card
********************************************************************

Paper House Products for Air Force Family Layout:

Want2Scrap Products:     Family - 12"x12" overlay

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love your photo collages and the overlays!

    ReplyDelete