Sunday, November 2, 2014

Baby Girl Layout with Hydrangea Hippo Kit Club

I am the guest designer for the Hydrangea Hippo Kit Club for November so  I got to be guest blogger for a day on the Hydrangea Hippo blog!  (You can see the blog post HERE)  I put together a layout and an exploding box for Jennifer and thoroughly enjoyed playing with the kit!

I pulled out the "leftovers" from the very generous kit and came up with another layout, featuring my brand new great-niece, Zoe:

The kit included  a Victoran Oval Globeframe from Globecraft Memories.  I removed the oval chipboard frame and the decorative top layer and put the rest aside to use another time.
I centered the oval frame on this piece of patterned paper and traced the image. I then used a craft knife to carefully cut out the frame, removing the interior oval.
I set the oval pieces aside for later and adhered a 10.5" square of the floral paper on top:

The kit also comes with this sheet of word strips and tags.  I trimmed a few of them out and started to play.

I built a little embellishment cluster in the bottom right corner and added a piece of pink cording from the kit to the First Place ribbon.

The vintage looking buttons in the kit are very cool, but they do have shanks on the back.  I clipped those off before I adhered them to the page.

I started to play around with placement of elements on the page.  It takes me a while to do this by the way.  I am not a very fast scrapbooker!  I arrange things and walk away.   When I come back I often re-arrange them and walk away again.  And again.  (you get the picture, right?)

One little subtle detail I added is that I colored the heart on the ribbon a light pink:
I built a couple more embellishment clusters with tags and buttons.  I added the letter and number stickers from my stash:

I trimmed the little partial doilies out of this tag and positioned them at 3 different places around the page.  I think it really helped me color-balance the layout!  (see if you can find them)
 

I went back to the frame and adhered the paper to the chipboard oval and inked the edges.  I layered the decorative element on top and slipped a picture of my great-niece underneath.  I love the subtle way the design on the paper leads your eye to the photo!

At this point I was pretty happy with the layout and all of the elements - except for the alpha and number stickers - were from the Hydrangea Hippo November Kit:

I dug into my personal stash to add a chipboard title from Want2Scrap:
I think it looks really great with the chipboard frame!

I also needed to add this dimensional heart sticker from Paper House Productions - part of that whole color balance thing!

One more look at the finished project!
Click on picture to enlarge image.

Be sure to check out the Hydrangea Hippo November Kit, which is available by subscription.  It is just packed with all kinds of fun paper, ribbons, buttons and other ephemera!  So far I have created 2 layouts and an exploding box with the contents and I am still playing around...who knows what else I will come up with next?!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Baby Girl Layout Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment