Monday, November 3, 2014

Count Your Blessings! with Die~Namites

Today and I am delighted to introduce the 
Die~Namites November Sketch and Dare Challenge

Here is the sketch by the talented Tonya Gibbs:

This month's DARE is to use a Grateful/Thankful theme.
For details on how to participate in this month's challenge, 
check out the Die~Namites blog!
**************************************************************************** 

Here is my take on the sketch:
 

I used these dies on my project:
  
  I used the Birdhouse Trio die to cut kraft cardstock.  I trimmed off the top birdhouse and put tape on the reverse to hold all the die cut pieces in place for a simple mono-chromatic look.  I dressed it up a bit with self-adhesive 6mm and 3mm white pearls from Want2Scrap.
 

I love the way Tonya's sketch has half a doily peeking out from between the layers!  
I used the Spring Doily die to cut it from white cardstock.
I used White Pearl Swirls Finesse from Want2Scrap to provide the flourishes from the sketch

Here's a close up of the sentiment which fulfills the DARE portion of the challenge:


I was having fun playing around and also produced a slightly different version of this card:

In this version I embossed the kraft cardstock panel on the left side with a bird and branch design and lightly highlighted the design with ink.  

Supplies:
Kraft Cardstock
Cosmo Cricket Designer Paper - Tea for Two
Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder - Birds and Swirls


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment