Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Explore the Great Outdoors with Paper House and Xyron!

Hello and Welcome!  
Paper House is teaming up all week with Xyron!  


I have been playing recently with Mixed Media Dolls and I realized with a little help from Paper House and Xyron, I could give her an adventure in the Great Outdoors!  :)

First thing I did was to stamp "Aidan" onto cardstock. Using the Xyron Mega Runner for adhesive, I paper pieced the clothes by stamping onto the Navy White for the shirt and the Marine Camo for the pants.  Next, I fussy cut just the head from "Ten" and adhered it to the top of the doll.  I did have to trim down (Aidan's head a bit so his hair didn't stick out!)
I pulled out the Scenic America Paper Pad and found a page with beautiful fall foliage.  I used a tag as a pattern to cut out the portion of the image I liked the best.  I misted it lightly with water and scrunched it all up into a ball creating lots and lots of wrinkles!  I used a sanding block to rough up and highlinght some of the wrinkles then straightened it out, and dried it with a heat gun.
 

 Using Xyron Double-Sided High Tack Tape I adhered it to the manila tag for support.


Next I pulled out my cardstock stickers.  I love that Paper House has such a huge selection!  From the Camping cardstock sticker set, I cut out the inspirational verse...

...and cut it into strips, inking the edges with brown ink and adhered it to the tag.  I also used a blending tool to add brown ink to the surface and edges of the tag - gave it a more rustic "feel".
  
I adhered the paper doll along the right side of the tag. You can see I dressed up the t-shirt with a sticker I found on the Outdoor Adventures set.  I love the universal cyclist image!  I colored her hair, shoes and the short sleeves of the shirt with a little ink.


I tied a piece of yarn and jute twine to the top and added the"Back to Nature" sticker from the Camping 2 cardstock sticker set.  I popped it up and inked the edges to add a little dimension:

I found the trail signs and the thermos stickers on the BSA Camping cardstock sticker set.

To pop them up, I adhered a couple of layers of cardboard to the back and then I used the Xyron High Tack Adhesive Dots to adhere those pieces to the tag.  Here's a picture of the back side:
 
Here's another look at the finished tag:

I loved how she turned out and used the tag as an embellishment on a layout:


Of course I used Xyron products to pull everything together - the Mega Runner is so easy to use!
 

I used the Double-Sided High Tack Tape to make sure I had a lot of strong contact points when I layered the photos on top of the corrugated cardstock: 

 The High Tack Adhesive Dots were perfect for layering and adhereing the chipboard accents:

I really loved making this tag and already have a sequel in the works!  The cardstock stickers from Paper House made this fast and easy!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Paper House Products used for Mixed Media Great Outdoors Tag:

Xyron Products:


Other:  Prima Julie Nutting "Aidan" Mixed Media Doll, Quick Quotes Chipboard Laser Diecut Bag O' Chips, tag, twine, ink

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout, love the addition of the paper doll, very creative.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. That outdoor girl is so cute and I love how you dressed her using the Xyron. The tag just looks adorable on your layout. Beautiful colors and techniques! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your tag on
    the layout! Lots of
    layers on it. Great
    design.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag Susie, I especially love what you do with the background and crinkling the paper to add texture. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog too xx

    ReplyDelete