Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Motorcycles and Industrial Grunge with Quick Quotes!

My girlfriend  Dana and I recently toured the Harley-Davidson factory in York, PA. I wanted to create something really grungy and industrial so I was a little surprised to find the perfect papers in a *new* collection from Quick Quotes called Antique Garden!

One side of this paper is a beautiful yellow, gray and black floral...and the reverse reminds me of distressed concrete.  Perfect!
 

This vellum sentiment is from the Quick Quotes Inspire Bundle.  I backed it with a yellow patterned paper from the collection and built a collage of photos around it.

Quick Quotes has also released these new Rustic Patina Metal Embellishments. Love them!  Nothing like a bit of metal to add an industrial feel, right?  I added  self-adhesive Black Pearls from Want2Scrap to the center of each of the flowers.

I confess I am a big washi tape fan and have quite a stash.  I knew exactly which tapes I needed to accent this layout - tire tracks and yellow caution tape!  When we took the factory tour we had to stay on pathways that were marked with diagonal yellow and black stripes - just like the caution tape!  I used washi tape to help create a title area and added a couple more Black Pearls.

I often tuck journaling tags behind pictures.  Usually I use plain manila tags, but this time I used coordinating paper from the new Alton collection.  I cut a strip of paper the same width and twice the length of a tag from my stash.
 
Fold the paper in half and glue the front and back together.  Use the tag as a pattern to clip the corners and punch the hole.  I used Feather Gray PowderPuff Chalking Ink along the edges:
 
  
To finish it off, I added black twine and a couple pieces of washi tape.

Quick Quotes Supplies Used:

Other Supplies:
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for documenting our trip! I love the washi tape on this page!

    ReplyDelete